Monday, November 29, 2010

One Lucky Duck

       Vegan madness! That’s what I encounter every time I stop by my favorite place to get greens, One Lucky Duck! Located in the heart of Chelsea market on 15th and 9th, this spot is fun hip and the employees are wonderful. This eatery consists of all raw foods which means none of it has been heated above the temperature of 104 degrees. Everything about this place is welcoming, from the aroma that lingers in the air due to the extensive use of fresh fruits and vegetables to the menu drawn in colorful chalk. I’ve mentioned this spot in class several times whenever we have discussions about vegans and vegetarians. On my most recent visit I got the taco salad. It is weird eating a taco salad from a completely raw and vegan food place, it’s even weirder that it tastes better than any other taco salad I’ve ever had! It consisted of romaine lettuce, spicy taco crumble, pico de gallo, guacamole, cashew sour cream, cilantro-lime dressing. Along with this I had a pressed juice called spanking; yes I went to One Lucky Duck and paid for a spanking. The spanking was a juice that was made out of a fresh ingredients right in front of me; fresh coconut, blueberry, banana, cashew milk, cinnamon, vanilla. You can also customize your own drink. Since raw foods are so healthy for you they pack a pretty big punch to your wallet. But if you’re looking to get away from greasy and fat filled foods this is an excellent place to go. In a great and friendly location, Chelsea market it’s a wonderful experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment