Monday, November 1, 2010

Prospectus!

For my research paper I will discuss the different ways in which animals are treated before they become food. I will explore the different areas of the world (through research not like Indiana Jones) and attempt to find differences and similarities that we share as a global community of meat eaters, but more importantly meat treaters. I feel it is important to know how animals are being treated before we eat them because they in a sense are one of the main reasons the human race continues to exist.
I will look into each of the different areas and try to see if the way they treat their animals has any negative or positive impacts on their communities. I would also like to compare the ways in which other cultures treat their animals with the way we treat ours and note if we could make any changes to our current system which has extremely questionable ethical and moral issues. I would also like to look into the health of the people in each location and see if any correlation can be made with how they treat their meat. I feel that communities that treat their animals better will be more likely to lead more comfortable lives and also have fewer problems among their society.
For my research I plan on using many world publications including newspapers that address global issues, mainly about food. I will then use the subscription databases offered on the library website to conduct further research on the places that I choose to do research on. I will also look into the major food producers and try and find out more about their companies through newsletters, guidelines, and investigative reports that have been done in their name. This will all help me put together a uniform paper that will interest and inform my readers.

1 comment:

  1. Thsi paper sounds interseting to read, because the topic is something a person should be more informed about. Our classes make you realize the cruel ways some animals are treated before they are killed, and you sound like you're going to find out alot in your research. The part about you finding out how it affects different communites, and the rest of world sounds especially interesting. You should check out LexisNexis if your looking for good newspapers.

    ReplyDelete